100 years Friedrichstadtpalast in Berlin
The forerunner of the Friedrichstadtpalast was built in 1868 from a market hall on Schiffbauerdamm, which was rebuilt in 1873 into a circus building.
Max Reinhardt, asks architect Hans Poelzig to transform the building into a theater. On November 29th, 1919, the "Großes Schauspielhaus" is opened. On November 1st, 1947, the building is renamed Friedrichstadtpalast. Due to dilapidation it closes in 1980. On April 27th, 1984, the “New Friedrichstadtpalast” opens its doors.